With the weather heating up and lots of fun summertime activities around the corner, be sure to have a good skin care routine. Protecting your skin from the harmful effects of the sun can have lasting benefits.
1. Always wear a high quality sunscreen. Even if you use a foundation or powder, make sure your first layer is at least an SPF 30 moisturizer.
2. Sunscreen has an expiration date, so be sure to keep it fresh and check that your current product is still offering the protection you need.
3. Moisturizer is key. Skin tends to be more dry when spending time in the sun, so protect your skin with daily moisturizer. A nice trick is to carry a small sample size bottle in your bag for reapplications throughout the day.
4. Cover up when you can. Bring a light sweater or wide brimmed hat to the beach to provide some helpful shade. These items provide great protection from the sun and offer a nice break for your skin.
5. If you did get too much sun, take care of any burns with specialty sunburn products as soon as possible. Natural aloe is a great source of relief and is found in many over the counter products.